Search for jobs in finance and accounting, credit card company jobs, investment career opportunities, MBA finance jobs, accounting jobs, investment banking, accounting and finance careers.
Have you ever wondered how bank and finance jobs work? Are you interested in learning facts, trivia and other interesting information about it? You have come to the right place because every so often we update this site with various information about bank and finance jobs. They say that banking jobs are extremely hard to land. However, there is no truth or lie to that. There are actually factors that affect your chances into getting the next job at the banking industry today. Among those factors include the demand for the banking position of course. If you have been looking forward to land a job at a bank or any finance institution, you could get lucky. Just two years ago, almost two million people were hired in the United States alone. So what are the top jobs that you can apply for if you would like to work at the finance industry?
1. Financial Analyst - Mainly, your work here will be to assist the clients make correct and wise investment decisions. To be hired, you have to possess a bachelor's degree most preferably in accounting, business administration and statistics. If you get hired, you could earn up to 73,600 dollars annually.
2. Personal Financial Advisor - With your knowledge in investments as well as in insurance and tax laws, you can get this job. You will recommend different financial options to your clients so that they will be able to meet both their short and long term objectives. Advisors should possess bachelor's degree in economics, business mathematics, law or accounting.
3. Accountant - This is one of the most common banking and finance job out there with a lot of people applying for the occupation. However, this is not all easy as there are a lot of responsibilities to complete including analyzing, planning, evaluating and recommending on accounting matters, practice and theory. It is usually required that an accountant is a graduate of accounting but those with experience and a master's degree can get better job opportunities here.
4. Auditor - Auditors need to examine and analyze the records of the company particularly the accounting department. He or she also needs to prepare the reports regarding the profits or the losses of the company. The average salary of auditors can go more than 57 thousand dollars per year but can be raised to 68,000 for those benefits and bonuses.
5. Loan Officer - The main role of a loan officer is to assist organizations and individuals when it comes to applying for loans. There is also a need to assess the creditworthiness of all the persons who wish to apply for a loan. If you get hired, you will also need to determine the most appropriate loan type for the needs of the client.
Right now, there is a tough competition going on for the mentioned banking and finance jobs. There is always a need for your education to back you up. Most employers today require the applicants to have at least a bachelor's degree on accounting, finance or any related field. If you have been in this industry for some time, you might get a high chance to land the job. In addition, you can utilize your knowledge and skills to help propel your career in this industry.
If you want to suggest related things about bank and finance jobs that can be featured in this blog, you may contact us and we will happily look into it. Feel free to let us know, as we would like to make our site the top resource website for our readers who are interested in bank and finance jobs. We would love to know your thoughts as well as other feedback to make our blog better. Please feel free to leave a comment or a message. We would love to hear from you.
Necessary Skills for a Long-Lasting Job in Banking and Finance
Are you looking for information about banking and finance careers? Here in this blog, we will tackle the different aspects, fundamentals and other points of interest about banking and finance careers. Many readers and enthusiasts find that this blog is a great place to start if you are new to the subject.
We provide detailed resources like photos, articles, videos and links that may be of good use for those who want to make a more detailed study about it.The world of banking and finance is growing rapidly and is constantly changing. A lot of banks have undergone management changes, merging and takeovers while others have new riles and regulations. The good news is that according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United States, the banking industry will continue to grow between 2008 and 2018. Nevertheless, even if the industry continues to grow, the skills needed in banking and finance may not. Whether you are applying for a job to become a bank teller or perhaps the manager, here are the skills you need to possess:
1. Customer Relations Skills - Being able to communicate well with your customers is necessary. This is because you will frequently be speaking to them especially if they need information about the policies and the position of the bank. When talking to clients, it is essential that you do so in informative and simple manner. Having your mind set on customer service will help you get the job as many financial institutions are looking for such skill.
2. Math Skills - It is no secret that you will be dealing with money and finances so without a doubt, you need strong math skills. This means that you should not only be knowledgeable in adding and subtracting. This is because you will mostly be required to explain the customers' transactions to them including their deposits withdrawals and even compounded interest rates. Hence, heightened scrutiny and accuracy are a must.
3. Marketing - Most of the banks today are merely interested on growing their customer base and in the popularity of their brand. This is why they are searching for employees who are savvy in marketing as well as in reaching out to customers. If this is your asset, you have a huge chance of landing a job in banking and finance.
4. Flexibility - Most of the banks today are adapting new systems and platforms. In this case, they are searching for applicants who can immediately get used to such systems without training. Being flexible and knowledgeable in various banking programs can help you have a long lasting career in banking and finance. Apart from that, there are banks that modify their regulations and procedures. One will have to keep up with the speed in order to embrace the changes and cope with the evolving financial industry.
5. Good at Analyzing Problems - Banks also have issues that they should address. Analytical skills are important especially if you have applied for the bank manager position. It is possible that you will be asked about certain areas and you will provide your own opinion, recommendation or advice to various aspects including project finance, tax concerns, real estate finances, insolvency, acquisition, refinancing and corporate rescue.
Right now, there are many banks that compete with one another to maintain the loyalty of their customers and to acquire new clients. In this case, there is a growing demand for able and dexterous staff members. Possess the skills mentioned above and you will find that you may have an enduring job at your chosen career path.
There are lots of issues to be considered about banking and finance careers, and those that are heavily into the subject are likely to want to know more. Even if this article serves as no more than an introduction, nothing stops you from putting the information to good use.